Cracks, Large and long in Pebble Finish

Nixid

Jul 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I purchased home with pool 5 years ago. Not sure of builder or technically what finish. No big issues.
This year I "discovered" long cracks in areas of the "pebble" tech finish. The cracks range from 6 inches to 2 feet in length. And as wide as 1/4 inch. They are located on the steps in the shallow end. And on another another underwater shelf in the shallow end. No cracks on shelf in deep end.
I have read online about issues that might be caused by the builder using "rebound" to build up these areas.
Any idea of what I am looking at to fix these issues? Can you patch vs having to redo whole pool?

Could you provide us all with some pictures. A general view of the pool, some pictures of the cracks in context of the pool and some closeups of the cracks would be great.

The pebble tech or whatever it is is a finish over the gunite or shotcrete shell of the pool.

I have my doubts these cracks are casued by using rebound, those would have shown up soon after the pool was shot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.