Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cracks, Large and long in Pebble Finish

1. Back To Top    #1

Mesa, AZ

Cracks, Large and long in Pebble Finish

I purchased home with pool 5 years ago. Not sure of builder or technically what finish. No big issues.
    This year I "discovered" long cracks in areas of the "pebble" tech finish. The cracks range from 6 inches to 2 feet in length. And as wide as 1/4 inch. They are located on the steps in the shallow end. And on another another underwater shelf in the shallow end. No cracks on shelf in deep end.
    I have read online about issues that might be caused by the builder using "rebound" to build up these areas.
    Any idea of what I am looking at to fix these issues? Can you patch vs having to redo whole pool?
    40k Pebble Pool with Spa Spillover
    (2) Hayward Pro-grid 6020 DE filters
    (2) Hayward pumps 1.5 hp, 1.60 sf, 2.4 thp
    Hayward H series
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Sacramento, CA

Re: Cracks, Large and long in Pebble Finish

Could you provide us all with some pictures. A general view of the pool, some pictures of the cracks in context of the pool and some closeups of the cracks would be great.

The pebble tech or whatever it is is a finish over the gunite or shotcrete shell of the pool.

I have my doubts these cracks are casued by using rebound, those would have shown up soon after the pool was shot.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall