Hello everyone, my name is Tracy and I live in the Land of the Dry Heat (Phoenix). My wife and I just bought a house with a 90 ft perimeter (14000 Gallon) plaster saltwater pool. It uses the Polaris Ultra Clear Plus SWG and it just doesn't appear to be working.
The pool was built in 06 and for a year worked fine. Owners moved and the house sat vacant and the pool was drained (we think) as we can see some small rust stains in a vertical position coming from the returns. Renters moved in and filled the pool and was using chlorine tablets in floating dispensers. They were there for approximately three months.
We bought the house and start working with the pool. I an't tell you the numbers but I can tell you the salt was 1800 PPM and it should be 3000-3500. We ended up adding 8 bags and now it is at 3300.
The problem is the SWG. It never seems to read the salt content right. Most times it says it's in the hundreds and a code 91 (low salt) is showing on the screen. Also the LED graph also shows very low salt. We have checked the water multiple times and the only times it shows we have chlorine is when we shock the pool.
At this point I think I need a new cell, but I just want to be sure I have done everything to gie the SWG a chance to work.