I'm looking into getting an opaque, solid (non-mesh) safety cover, one that will attach to the deck using anchors, and will have to be folded and rolled up manually due to deck elevation changes. I got one priced out, but have a few questions before I pull the trigger.
Kid safety is the the primary concern, but I'm also expecting the cover to make pool maintenance MUCH easier by:
1) keeping leaves, dirt, sand, birds, poop out of the pool
2) reduce the frequency of testing
3) reduce the quantity of chlorine and other BBB needs
4) drastically reduce water evaporation
5) reduce pump runtime from 4-6 hrs to less
I'm currently skimming, sweeping, testing, balancing every 2-4 days, and during warmer seasons topping off the water every couple of weeks. I'm hoping a solid safety cover will reduce maintenance to simply checking and balancing pH and TC every couple of weeks.
Are my expectations realistic?
Thanks for your thoughts.
P.S. the cover does come with a pump to remove excess water.