IntelliFlo Pump

Nov 30, 2013
WPB, FL
I just installed a new intelliflow pump and have a quick question for you. At lower rpm's < 1500, the pump vibrates. I called Pentair and the gentleman wasn't sure if this was normal. I am just looking for some advice if I need to send the pump back or not.

Can you post a video with audio?

One possibility is there might be something stuck in the impeller but you would need to take apart the pump to find out.

The pump you replaced, was it a single, two or VS ?? If it wasn't a VS then bolting it down could make the difference. What model motor/pump did you install ?? Like a cars tire you might have a slight imbalance that only shows up at a certain speed. Above and below that range it runs smoothly.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/165-getting-started
Please put the city and state in which you live in your profile. Your climate is important to the advice you receive.

Signature
Please put the following information in your signature.

The size of your pool in gallons
If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the brand and model of the filter.
If you know, please tell us the brand and model of the pump, and mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.
Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.
Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner

Ok I have updated my Signature. Any other thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know why it didn't show up but here it is: 15k IG Plaster/Gunite pool, 3hp Intelliflow, Easytouch 4 with SWCG IC20, CCRP100 cartridge Filter, single body built in 2004

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I find that my Inteliflo VS has a slight vibration around 1000-1100 rpms. If I go lower to say 900 rpms its fine, if I come up to 1300 it fine. But from some reason at 1100 rpms there is a slight vibration. I am not bolted to my pad either. I just stay away from 1000-1100 rpms.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.