Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IntelliFlo Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

IntelliFlo Pump

I just installed a new intelliflow pump and have a quick question for you. At lower rpm's < 1500, the pump vibrates. I called Pentair and the gentleman wasn't sure if this was normal. I am just looking for some advice if I need to send the pump back or not.
    15k IG Plaster/Gunite pool, 3hp Intelliflow, Easytouch 4 with SWCG IC20, CCRP100 cartridge Filter, single body built in 2004

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IntelliFlo Pump

Is it at a specific rpm that it vibrates or at all RPM <1500. Was the pump bolted down to the pad?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Is the pump sitting level?
    15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ales-Louisiana

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum Mediclaney
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys, The pump is not bolted down, It is level, It vibrates at all rpm's under 1100~

6. Back To Top    #6

Do you think that bolting it down would make a difference? The pump I replaced wasn't bolted down.

7. Back To Top    #7

Can you post a video with audio?

One possibility is there might be something stuck in the impeller but you would need to take apart the pump to find out.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

The pump you replaced, was it a single, two or VS ?? If it wasn't a VS then bolting it down could make the difference. What model motor/pump did you install ?? Like a cars tire you might have a slight imbalance that only shows up at a certain speed. Above and below that range it runs smoothly.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...etting-started
    Please put the city and state in which you live in your profile. Your climate is important to the advice you receive.

Signature
    Please put the following information in your signature.

The size of your pool in gallons
    If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
    If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
    The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the brand and model of the filter.
    If you know, please tell us the brand and model of the pump, and mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.
    Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.
    Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Ok I have updated my Signature. Any other thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know why it didn't show up but here it is: 15k IG Plaster/Gunite pool, 3hp Intelliflow, Easytouch 4 with SWCG IC20, CCRP100 cartridge Filter, single body built in 2004

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by mas985 View Post
    Can you post a video with audio?

One possibility is there might be something stuck in the impeller but you would need to take apart the pump to find out.
    So have you taken apart the pump yet or posted a video?
    Mark

11. Back To Top    #11

I find that my Inteliflo VS has a slight vibration around 1000-1100 rpms. If I go lower to say 900 rpms its fine, if I come up to 1300 it fine. But from some reason at 1100 rpms there is a slight vibration. I am not bolted to my pad either. I just stay away from 1000-1100 rpms.
    24,000 gallon vinyl, 2 main drains, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, 2 inch pipe suction, 1.5 inch return. Pentair VS pump, Pentair IC-40 SWG, Pentair SD-80 filter. TF-100.