Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: salt water system

1. Back To Top    #1

Unhappy salt water system

I have a sws that tells me that I need salt when I don,t also it doesn,t produce salt. what is the problem with this system?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: salt water system

Welcome to TFP!

Nothing you mentioned sounds like a problem. Perhaps you meant that it doesn't produce chlorine?

In any case, for us to be able to help you, you should post a full set of water test results.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Welcome. Also, what type of SWG do you have? Please add a signature line to your profile listing your pool type/size and equipment.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Sun City West Arizona (2nd Home)

An SWG (Salt Water Generator) does not generate salt, it generates chlorine from Salt Water passing through it. Yours is telling you that you need salt, and the fact that it is not generating chlorine means you probably do. Have you measured your current salt level?
    14100 Gal IG MiniPebble, Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sand Filter, Pop Up Cleaning, Intelliflo VS Pump, Aquacal Heatpump/Chiller, 1/4 Acre Desert Landscaped, Lots of Deck. Built in 1984, updated in 2012 and 2014
    "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"