Dichlor for Intex Easy Set Pool

Kate

Jun 25, 2014
Syracuse, NY
I only know very, very basic info on how to take care of pools. We set up a 12'x36" Intex Easy Set pool this week, and I have a 2 lb. container of dichlor (Kem Tek All in One Chlorinating Granules). I know we can get the stabilizer in the pool using dichlor. My problem is that I don't know how much to put in before I stop using the dichlor and switch to just the bleach to maintain the chlorine. From the Intex website, it tells me that our pool has 1779 gallons of water. My rough calculations (that I don't believe are correct) is that I need to add a total of 36 Tablespoons. I added 7 Tablespoons the first night and 5 Tbs. since then to maintain the chlorine level. So, there is 12 Tablespoons in the pool as of now. Can someone help me figure out how to calculate correctly how much dichlor will get our pool to a CYA of 40? Thank you so much for your help!

Hi Kate and welcome to TFP :wave:

PoolMath calculator is another new friend for you! Enter your pool gallons at top and scroll down to "effects of adding chemicals" to determine doses. Link in menu bar at top of each page and in my sig.

We also have an article in Pool School specifically for small/seasonal pools: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/155-guide-for-seasonal-temporary-pools

The quick answer to your question is about 1 pound of dichlor before switching over to bleach (well just over 1 pound, or 18.5 ounces to be exact), I am running a bit of an experiment this summer with that same model pool, and the addition of one pound of dichlor took just under 3 weeks about 3-4 tablespoons per day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.