Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Using PVC glue and primer in the rain

1. Back To Top    #1

Using PVC glue and primer in the rain

Hi guys...looking for advice again. I am almost finished plumbing my pool and all my equipment and fittings but have 2 more joints to glue outside. I want to finish it up today, but it's raining here. Can I still use the PVC primer and glue in the rain (there will be drops of water on the connecting pipe and fittings no matter how hard I try to dry it), or am I wasting my time and won't get a proper joint if there is any water at all?
    18' x 36' IG Vinyl Kidney Shape, 20K Gallon, Hayward ProLogic PLP4 Control with T-15 SWG, ColorLogic 4.0 LED Light, Hayward TriStar 1 HP Full Rated Pump, Hayward Swimclear 325 SQ FT Cartridge Filter, Raypak 117000 BTU Heat Pump, TF100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Using PVC glue and primer in the rain

Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree use the blue rain or shine pvc cement it will work fine
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys...shortly after I posted the thread, it stopped raining...so I quickly finished up. My pump is now RUNNING for the first time ever!!!! No leaks at all that I can see! Super excited!
    18' x 36' IG Vinyl Kidney Shape, 20K Gallon, Hayward ProLogic PLP4 Control with T-15 SWG, ColorLogic 4.0 LED Light, Hayward TriStar 1 HP Full Rated Pump, Hayward Swimclear 325 SQ FT Cartridge Filter, Raypak 117000 BTU Heat Pump, TF100 Test Kit.