Pump/Filter under a deck?

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
Is it practical or even feasible to have the pool equipment under the deck? The deck will be about 5' high maybe a little less where the equipment will be located. I'll have a access panel in the side on hinges to get underneath and work on everything.
I'm putting a square deck around my round pool and don't really have much room outside the deck for the equipment.

Just wondering what everyone has done or thinks. I've seen a few pics from searches but nothing major.

I'm too old to be crawling under a deck to access equipment in the winter and back washing.

Make sure you can get the lid off your filter. And think about sitting on the deck, and listening to that right underneath you while it runs...

make sure you leave plenty of room for this. getting those pump filter lids on and then back on again with a good seal can make for one very bad day. you dont want to further complicate it by having no room around it (or above it) to work.

i personally would NOT put equipment under the deck, unless there was enough room for me to stand up perfectly straight under there without hitting my head on something.

even then..... i donno.

I have mine under the deck and a hatch to accces everthing. Works great for me. One thing i wish i had done is put a second gate off the deck close to the pump. When i have to turn off the pump to get a full skimmer basket out to empty i have to walk out the deck gate and around to the pump to turn it back on, but i guess that doesnt matter that its under the deck or not for that problem. Just that my gate is far from the pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.