Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LED Light?

1. Back To Top    #1

LED Light?

Installing a Barrier Reef Fiberglass Pool. Rectangle 35 Feet by 14 Feet. Ocen Blue in color. The pool contractor is give me a "free light" (yeah like anything is really free). So I want to upgrade to a LED light. Any feedback on the LED lights offered out there....? There is the Hayward ColorLogic 2.5 and 3.0. and the SuperVision SaVi LED Light. Any advice?
    IG 24,000 vinyl pool

2. Back To Top    #2
    I have one of these in a 12x25 fiberglass pool. It's mounted about 18" below the coping in the deep end. It changes color about every 15 seconds or you can lock it on a color. It fills my pool very well and is beautiful at night. I can't really say how it would do in 35'.

8500 Gallon Fiberglass IG / Sta-Rite pump,cartridge filter & heater / PoolPilot Dig 220-36 SWG / Testing w/K2006

3. Back To Top    #3
    Pearland, TX (Houston Suburb)
    I direct you to THIS THREAD to look over. Good luck in your search.

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

4. Back To Top    #4

Round Rock, TX
    I can tell you my only concern with the Hayward Colorlogic light is that you cannot replace it. You have to buy a whole new light and replace all the wiring etc.

I have seen other LED replacement lights that use an edison end (normal screw in type) that can be used in a "normal" pool light fixture. With the lifetime of an LED maybe it is not worth worrying about, but with my luck I would loose some LEDs on the third year and be looking at $600 to replace it.

For this reason I'm leaning towards one of the replacement LED bulbs in a R40 socket for my pool, and a R20 socket for my spa.

My $0.02

15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

5. Back To Top    #5

Super Vision SAVI Pool Spa LED Lights

Has anyone heard about the Super Vision SAVI Pool Spa LED Lights? Any feedback?
    IG 24,000 vinyl pool