Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slow Pool Vac but good suction?

1. Back To Top    #1

Slow Pool Vac but good suction?

My pool vac is painfully slow these days. The wings, shoes, and pods have recently been replaced (was working well for a while). I think the front/rear flaps too? It was getting all twisted every night but now it's not, just very slow. It turns left, right, and center. I also checked the pressure with the hayward gauge and it was too much, if anything! I adjusted it to be right in the middle with little improvement.

Oh, and I have new tiny bubbles in my return, I suspect from PVC leaks in/out of my pump because I think it was running dry one night. The suction at the end of the hose is still falling in the middle of the guage!

Any ideas?
    J.
    Phoenix - 16,500 gallon plaster diving pool, 1.5 hp pentair whisperflo pump (with 3/4 impeller), 3.1 sta-rite cristal flo sand filter, hayward ultra pool vac

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Slow Pool Vac but good suction?

Make and model of your vac?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Make and model of your vac?
    Sorry, assumed people could see the details in sig - Hayward ultra pool vac.
    J.
    Phoenix - 16,500 gallon plaster diving pool, 1.5 hp pentair whisperflo pump (with 3/4 impeller), 3.1 sta-rite cristal flo sand filter, hayward ultra pool vac

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Sorry, assumed people could see the details in sig - Hayward ultra pool vac.
    I shouldn't have missed that, sorry. I have no familiarity with that one but someone who knows about it will post up soon, I hope. Sorry I made you do it twice.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School