Brand new DE Grids/Still green algae

Jun 23, 2012
St Pete FL
OK so I was taking care of a friends pool and they wanted to save by having me do it every other week. Finally told them NO, all or nothing. Got algae cleaned up (so I thought) and also was finding DE coming back into system. Had torn and broken grids. Cleaned grids while waiting for new ones to arrive. 4 days later went to put new grids in and old ones were covered with green algae again. Figured after putting in new grids, cleaning EVERYTHING I could see and recharging the system I should be good to go. It has been 2 weeks now and I still am getting green in the pool. Chemical and numbers are all good. I have brushed, vaccumed and backwashed constantly. I cleaned the returns, skimmer and lights. Is there something, somewhere I am missing that could still be holding onto some algae????

Yes I followed your technique and the water was and is clear. Finding the green on some walls, ports and floor. Not completely covered but in a few of these areas. After brushing, vacuuming I backwash and the water is green. I run it till it clears then add more DE. I have increased the flow of the auto chlorinator.

If you see algae, you are not done with the SLAM or need to do it again.

Post up test results. It is clear that you are not maintaining the FC high enough for your CYA level if algae is growing. And the mention of a chlorinator makes me even more suspect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.