How to correct off level pool

tibody

Jun 24, 2014
Batiscan
Hi everyone, I've just bought a new pool and I've give the installation job to a guys (he's supposed to be good in pool installation). When I start to fill the pool, I've saw a difference of the water level and I've take some mesure (of the distance between the top of the water to the top rail). The biggest diffence between the highest spot to the lowest spot is about 2". When I've contact the installation guys, he answer me that the spec of the company mentioned that the pool can resist to a 3" level differenfe so he doesn't want to come fix my problem.
Can I just drain partially the pool to lift off the lower post and add some screening to level it ? I don't want to completly drain the pool because I've read on the net that if I completly drain the pool, the liner can shrink and I'll have to change it.

Welcome to TFP!

The pool should be installed within 1" of level. The only way you are going to get it level is to drain it.

If the installer put it up out of level, there were not competent in the first place.

You won't have any problem with the liner if it is less than one year old, and if it is an above ground pool you probably won't have any problem with the liner even if it is many years old. In-ground pools are the ones that tend to have problems, and that only after the liner is more than one year old.

Ok thanks for the reply. When I'll drain the pool and remove the liner to correct the level of the pool. Can I let the liner in place (attach to the main) in the middle of the pool.

I know thats it´s prefferable to correct the level by dig out the highest spot but if i'm using screening (stone dust) can lift the 4 lower post instead of dig the 8 higher post ?

My pool is a 18' round comtempra

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.