28 person hot tub always green. Staff says Ph levels and chemical balances fine

ttown

Jun 24, 2014
Houston, TX
Hi. I have a 21 person hot tub, not located near any grass, that is always green. The staff in charge of keepign the pool and tub maintained says the Ph levels and chemicals are all fine. But isn't the same blue color we once had when it professionally installed last year. It's located on a roof.

I was wondering what I should be telling them to look for to keep the hot water blue for a longer period of time. Sometimes, something they do changes it back to blue. But it only lasts for about 2 to 3 days then returns to its original color. If the Ph levels are fine, and from how quick it goes from blue to green, I was wondering what the cause was or how to keep it in nice condition for longer.

Here is a pic of the example.

color_diff.jpg

Without way more information we can't give you any specific answers. The short answer is that the chemistry is not being maintained correctly. Heavily used hot tubs can be a little tricky to maintain correctly, but most any competent pool operator should be able to handle it given they have some time/budget allocated to take care of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.