jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
I have a sport pool which means my returns are at each shallow end.. I am wondering if I should continue adding LC over the returns on the shallow ends or maybe add it directly to the skimmer?

Pour liquid chlorine in a thin stream over the returns with the pump running and allowing it to get carried into the water for dilution and mixing. I don't *think* you want to subject your pump to a large bolus of acidic chlorine...I don't know for sure but it doesn't sound prudent to me.

add it in front of the returns.
high levels chlorine can be corrosive, so putting directly in the skimmer puts high levels into your pump, filter, heater and saltwater generator if you have them and there is no benefit to putting it in there anyhow. Its the large volume of water is where you want the chlorine.

Sounds good. I suppose brushing after adding it will help. :)

Brushing *always* helps. Everything.
Got a lot on your mind and feeling stressed?- go brush the pool!
Missed going to the gym again?- go brush the pool!
Got a little green schmutz developing in the pool water- test, chlorinate and brush! brush! brush!
Most of us just don't really *really* brush enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.