Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No pressure on gauge

1. Back To Top    #1

No pressure on gauge

We recently completed our DIY install with some PB help and when the pump is on the gauge on the cartridge filter barely moves, if I shut off some of the returns I can cause the needle to go up higher. There seems to be good pressure at the returns and I can force the deck jets to shoot over the entire pool so I think everything is good but just wanted to run it by you guys.

18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No pressure on gauge

What is the scale on the gauge? If you have a very big cartridge filter and efficient plumbing it may be possible to have low pressure ... on low speed you may not register anything.

The liquid filled gauges that tftestkits.net sells are nice as they are only 0-30psi and have 0.5psi increments.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: No pressure on gauge

Thanks for the feedback

18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights