Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy water after swimming

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy water after swimming

I'm just bust'd&can't figure out.The past couple year's every time I have people over to swim.Water will get cloudy within the hour of swimming.I've tried increasing clorine&still doesn't work.I check'd water after ther swim today.Now mind'd that I alway's add clorine in the evening's.I decided to check while there were still in water.Test result's.FC 3 CC 0 Alk 70 PH 7.5.CYA 45.I noticed that FC has fell below the min of 4 with my CYA being 45.Like I said I've tried running it higher.But,the problem is I start having a bleach smell.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Cloudy water after swimming

Since I am using my phone I won't go in to great detail, but if you smell chlorine when you raise your FC that means it is reacting with something. Sounds like a good SLAM is in order as you might have algae just waiting for its chance to explode.

JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

It's normal to have a drop in FC and even some cloudiness after a lot of swimmers. The other alternative is that you aren't brushing enough and the swimmers disturb all the dust that is clinging to the walls and floor and getting it into suspension, hence the cloudy appearance.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Richard,thank's.I was wondering the samething.Ugg!!!Got start getting out the brush
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    It's normal to have a drop in FC and even some cloudiness after a lot of swimmers. The other alternative is that you aren't brushing enough and the swimmers disturb all the dust that is clinging to the walls and floor and getting it into suspension, hence the cloudy appearance.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Just a little update!!!Thank's Richard..You were right..I brush'd good&start'd running DE thru the filter.We are back where we should be.Have about 15 family member's over&water is still clear.Happy 4th to all..