Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Semo

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Semo

I am new to the thread; however, I had been in the backyard pool business for 20 years. It has been a trip from the chlorine feeders through the cartridge and diatomaceous earth filters to the current SWG and sand filter. Great info on this site, answering most all questions concerning pool operation problems, whether equipment or pilot error. I live in Southeast Missouri where we have an overabundance of summer humidity.

19400 gal vinyl liner, Sta-Rite 1hp pump, Jandy SFTM25 Sand filter, Compupool CPSC24, all set up on timer, Kreepy Krauly vacuum, water solar panels, Taylor FAS-DPD tester, Pentair CYA test kit, DE medium enhance sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Semo

Howdy Semo! Did you put your pool in yourself and pick out all the equipment?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP

........"overabundance of summer humidity" Oh, yeah, I heard that!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

No, I did not install it, but have changed the equipment myself over the years, including installing a stretch cover. It has been a learning experience, but have reached the point where any pool problem is almost nonexistent.