Leveling an Intex Pool

You can have high or low spots in the floor of the pool as long as the structure is level and well supported. It may make the pool more difficult to keep clean if the floor is not level.

If it is too out of level, I would imagine the liner would eventually put the legs out of level, too. An inch or less wouldnt hurt. Best to do it right tye first time, then to have to tear it down and relevel after filling.....

Through a bit of trial and error over the years I have found that yes the ground under the liner needs to be level. Leveling the top rail is important also for structural soundness and for looks.

The water inside the pool will seek its own level and cause a bulge and over time cause the legs on that side to lean. The more out of level the ground is the more the legs will lean.

An easy set pool (the kind with the blow up ring) if placed on ground that is not level will roll toward the low side. If the ground is very much out of level it can and will collapse.

The liner inside the frame pool is doing the same thing but the frame is trying to hold it in place. Although quiet sturdy there is just not enough resistance there to keep the liner in place. A few high spots across the bottom wont hurt anything but from side to side needs to be level

I’m in Little Rock just up the road from you. Hope everything works out.

Last year, my piers under the legs sank and made the pool unlevel. This made the frame sink about an inch. That caused the liner to bulge at the bottom and push the legs out. So, yes, IMO the ground needs to be level.
And hey fellow Arkansans! I'm over here in Russellville!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.