Opinions.....Should I drain and relevel my intex?

May 25, 2014
ILLINOIS
We're new pool owners and the members here have been super helpful with questions about chemicals etc. Soooo, I have a new question....our pool has been up for a few weeks now. It was mostly level when we set it up, within 3/4 of an inch. It has settled somewhat, (i'll post pictures). Our neighbor who helped us level and set up the pool doesn't seem to think I should be worried. What do you think?

pool view1.jpg

The only thing we will ever say (and we seem to have to repeat it fairly often) is that industry standard is 1" within level ... outside of that you are taking a risk.

Some pool designs may be more tolerant than others, but it is up to you to decide what risk you are willing to accept.

I see one row of "tiles" on the right side and three rows of "tiles" on the left. So you are probably close to 3" out of level. That will put a lot of extra stress on the right side of the pool. TFP will recommend releveling as less than 1" is the standard for safety reasons. If that thing breaks loose, you can't stop injuries from that kind of water flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.