Dolphin Nautilus versus Dolphin Triton...Which One?

jimsky

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2014
Long Island, NY
I've narrowed it down to these two...but honestly I can't figure out if the Triton is worth the extra $. The basic functionality seems the same from what I've been able to find. Aside from the arms that make cleaning the water line easier, a one year longer warranty and the possible optional remote (Triton) what's different between the two?

Hi Jimsky - That is funny as I have the Triton on my pool and my father has the Nautilus, you really have nailed all the feature differences in your post, with the exception of The Triton comes with a caddy and the Nautilus does not. The main thing I like about the Triton is the handle as it makes it much easier to remove the cleaner from in and out of the pool and the caddy is nice as well. If it were me I would go with the Triton based on the additional options you referenced. Overall the Triton has been the best cleaner I have used on my pool by far and I have used several (Polaris 9300, Polaris 9400 & Hayward Navigator). The Triton does a great job with sand as this was important to me as I live in Florida with an unscreened pool.

Update:
I ended up getting the Nautilus from Amazon at $550 shipped. The Triton was hundreds more and I just couldn't justify the expense. Using the Nautilus is easier than my old Polaris w/booster pump. Toss it in, plug it in...anytime regardless if the main filter is running or not. Running a 1HP main pump and a 3/4HP booster pump to me is just excessive to clean a pool. I'm more apt to toss the Nautilus in the pool more often (less energy use) so the upshot is I have a cleaner pool.

It does a great job of cleaning the pool, getting up an amazing amount of junk...and it's yet to leave a spot undone. No need for a remote as far as I can see. Rinsing off the easily removable filter assembly is quite easy with a garden hose, easier than fighting with the silly Polaris bag. I'm very happy with the purchase.

Jim I totally agree this is an awesome cleaner. The only complaint I have so far is that periodically when I hit the power button the cleaner does not turn on, I then simply unplug the power supply plug it back in and then press the power button and the cleaner starts right up. Have you encountered this with your cleaner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't notice that behavior with my Nautilus.

Last night I had my first "problem" after 10 minutes in the pool the cleaner was dead on the bottom. I pulled and replugged the power supply...pressed the button to no avail. My wife was in the pool, she swam down and brought the cleaner to me. I had left a pair of swim goggles in the deep end of the pool, they were clear so they were invisible. The Nautilus "ate" the goggles and de-railed one of it's tractor treads. I removed the goggles, placed the de-railed tread back in place and cycled the power...the Nautilus was back to cleaning the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.