New pool user; don't have a clue what to do

Thinking about changing out pump to a better one than what came with pool. Any suggestions?
Have only bought test strips so far and no luck getting levels right. What test would be best for my pool?
I'm thinking of using the BBB since this seems to be simple from what I've read on here so far.
Please help! Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated since I don't have a clue as to how to take care of a pool.:confused:

Hi Kim! I am also Kim!

TFP is simple once you have a good test kit. It is also CHEAP! At least compared to the pool store! I spent less last YEAR using TFP than I did in one MONTH using the pool store!!!!!!!

Let us know how else we can help you. I LOVE to help and answer questions!

Kim

My neighbor gave me the pool. She had only used it for one summer, however, the pump has to be reset each time you unplug it & sometimes it won't come on without bumping it. Also, I would like a pump with a timer on it since this one cannot be put on a timer with it having to be reset each time it's started. I was thinking of using an Intex 1500gph 1/3hp or 2500gph 1/2hp & just using the adapters to use the 1 1/4" hoses instead of the 1 1/2" hoses that come with it. What do you think or recommend?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.