What do you use to dry off after getting out of the pool?

• Total voters

peacefulkancer

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2013
Chandler, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Just out of curiosity, what does everyone use to dry off at their pool?

I know this seems trivial... but I feel like I am full time cleaning towels and also that after a season they are near deteriorated. Maybe I could try to get the kids to re-use the towel instead of patting themselves off and tossing it in the hamper (we are in Phoenix and you almost dry off even if you walk straight from the pool to the door) but this still doesn't completely solve the issue of the towels deteriorating. Are there differences in towels when it comes to pools/chlorine in terms of towel durability?

NOTE: I personally don't use a towel unless I specifically want to lay out. I find that 3-5 minutes out of the pool here in the Phoenix heat is plenty enough time to get my dry enough to go inside. But you know kids... when they want to go in... then they want to go in and also they want to "have" their own towel.

I rarely use a towel ... < 5 minutes and we are dry :)

If you have a place to hang them outside (out of the sun), they could likely reuse them for a few days.

I have not noticed any of our towels falling apart after a few years ... and my family likes to just leave them in balls and laying out in the sun :hammer:

I rarely use a towel ... < 5 minutes and we are dry :)

If you have a place to hang them outside (out of the sun), they could likely reuse them for a few days.

I have not noticed any of our towels falling apart after a few years ... and my family likes to just leave them in balls and laying out in the sun :hammer:

You are in Arizona with me so I completely am on the same page as you.

And mine seems to leave them wadded up laying somewhere... inside... and sometimes outside.

Maybe I should just wait until the end of the season and try to catch some sales on towels. We could use some more for when guests come over.

Has anyone noticed anything different between all the towels out there (re-purposed towels in home versus "beach" towels)?

The thin towels tend to get shredded up in a year or two, but our thick beach towels seem to last many years. We have a pool chest full of towels that have accumulated over the years and most of the time the towels are hung up on our safety fence or on a chair to dry out and get reused during the week.

Just cruised by the costco towels this weekend and they seemed to be nice towels for about $12.

The thin towels tend to get shredded up in a year or two, but our thick beach towels seem to last many years. We have a pool chest full of towels that have accumulated over the years and most of the time the towels are hung up on our safety fence or on a chair to dry out and get reused during the week.

Just cruised by the costco towels this weekend and they seemed to be nice towels for about $12.

Everyone always mentions Costco. LOL... I have Sams. I may as well switch because the girlfriend always prefers Costco. I will remember that price point.

- - - Updated - - -

Leaf blower.
Is this you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIgIgYNdD5E

:)

I have beach towels out the wazoo! A lot of them are keepsakes from events or people (The Masters-I get a couple each year as the colors/pattern change; Google employee beach event, towels embroidered with our names we got as gifts, etc). One thing I don't mind is washing all the pool towels in big loads on hot water but with minimal detergent and no fabric softener. I have stacks of colorful pretty towels always at the ready. And yes, Costco had some gorgeous towels this year and I can't resist them! The older thin yet large beach towels are perfect toga wraps for the little ones.

I've gotten funny in my old age (and working in a hospital) about personal towel hygiene. If you know its your towel and want to re-use it- fine... let it dry and use it another day. But if any doubt just get a new one!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have seven Grandkids so go through a lot of towels. I have the kids hang the towels over the fence when they are finished with them. Each kids has their own towel and uses it for a day or two. I then wash all the towels and keep them in a large waterproof tote in our pavilion. Here in Pa. the humidity and rain keeps everything damp or dripping wet, not to mention the pincher bugs! I keep looking for ideas to hang the towels other than the fence to keep the area looking a little neater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.