What pump should I get?

Mar 19, 2013
South Windsor ,CT
I am looking to replace my 20+ year old pump. Currently 1/2 hp. I have 1 floor drain. 1 skimmer. 2 return lines one has a pool skim. No bells and whistles. Currently run 8hrs a day . Was thinking about http://www.poolsuppliessuperstore.com/poolsupplies/Blue-Line-In-Ground-Pump-1-5-HP.html Seems to b dohenys 1.5.is that overkill? I need it to b 240v . Any good suggestions. Not just looking for cheapest option. Unsure about 2speed . Lower electrical bill not to concerning.

If a 1/2HP worked, why would you increase to 1.5HP?

If you want to stay with a single speed, look for another 1/2HP or 3/4HP ... most can be either voltage.
Although, I would recommend upgrading to a 2-speed ... look for a 1HP which will be 230V. Like the Superflo.

- - - Updated - - -

Never heard of that brand in your like ... so use at own risk.

If they are not worried about the electrical savings, I am not sure I would suggest a $600 VS pump when a $400 2-speed would save nearly as much in electricity ... especially when they are looking at a $220 no name single speed pump.

Pretty much every pool pump will be outdoor rated so this would not effect the decision process on the pump you choose. If you want to stay with single speed then I would suggest the 1/2 or 3/4 HP Hayward Super Pump and if you wanted to go to a Dual speed pump then the 1 HP Pentair Superflo would be a good option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.