Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Rings

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar Rings

I am wondering if solar rings actually work and if they are a good buy for the price and which ones are the best!
    10,472 gal, AG, (intex) Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump with 2,500 gph (110-120V), new build 6-22-14, has SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar Rings

I saw these in the pool store. I was wondering the same thing. It seems that since they don't fit together the gaps would allow the heat to escape-but I don't really know. I am interested to see if anyone has tried them.
    18K gallons, Sand filter, in ground vinyl liner, pentaire filter?? (tag is torn half off)
    Wichita Falls, TX

3. Back To Top    #3

Try the search ... lots of threads:
    https://www.google.com/search?sitese...ive&gws_rd=ssl
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Total waste of $$$. Ask me how I know.
    20000 Gallon, Sand Filter, IG Plaster, Hayward Aqua Rite 40k SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, Taylor SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

It always seemed to me they would be a big pain to store if you have a large pool.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you for saving our money!!!! Sorry you had to waste yours!
    10,472 gal, AG, (intex) Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump with 2,500 gph (110-120V), new build 6-22-14, has SWG.