Hi, I've been lurking for 3 years here and need to ask a question so I signed up. I want to thank everyone for all the info I have gleaned from the forums, but my problem I have not seen posted yet.
I have a 8000 gal soft-side pool with sand filter, propane heater (sorry don't remember name or model#) and a 1st or second generation Intex saline converter. Two weeks ago the the transformer on the Intex unit puked out and of course you can't by a replacement transformer... Since that time I have been using bleach and dry chlorine pucks and my numbers are all spot on (I don't know my saline % as I don't test for it and have relied on the now dead Intex unit to tell me when to add). So my question is, am I going to kill my heater and other metal parts if I keep using chlorine and not dumpping the saline solution or do I to replace the saline converter in order to keep the salt in the pool? TYIA