Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Panel System Replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar Panel System Replacement

Hello,

I am new to the forum and need some advice and replacing my solar panel system myself. I live in central Florida. I purchased my home which was built in 1998. I assume my existing solar system is about that old. I need to replace because it is leaking from almost all panels (8). I don't remember the panel manufacture but I do know it is no longer made. I have been reading about the Fafco system but would like to hear reviews about it and where I can purchase. I would appreciate any and all advice.. By the way, my pool is approx: 13,400 gallons.

Gary

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar Panel System Replacement

I have FAFCO panels and I like the system. My wife and kids LOVE it.

FAFCO is sold through dealers who have exclusive territories. Its difficult to purchase without installation. You could find your local dealer and see if he will sell you parts. You can try craigslist, ebay and amazon. They do occasionally show up.

All these systems have different ways of attaching to your roof so you may have to modify or replace the roof anchors.

Also FAFCo has different models of panels that are somewhat incompatible with each other, so if you get parts from different sources you need to be sure they all work.

Good luck and post pictures!!!
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

May I ask, which Fafco system do you have?

4. Back To Top    #4

We had a Fafco rep/executive post here some last year and in one of his messages he did say Fafco would sell to the DIY market, but does not actively advertise this. His signature was listed as:

Jason Szumlanski
    Vice President
    Fafco Solar
    FafcoSolar.com | Blog: SolarSouthwestFlorida.com

Perhaps you could try to contact him through the fafco web page, or his blog

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

Sunsaver panels
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks very much.

7. Back To Top    #7

DIY Roof Solar Panels

I would to replace my solar panels myself but I don't want to break the bank as for as cost. What is a good brand of solar panel that I can install myself and where would I purchase. I live in Central Florida.

8. Back To Top    #8

I like the Techno-Solis panels I installed last year see http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...acement-Update , they are made near you in Tampa, I am not sure if you could get a local pick up deal, mine were purchased through poolheatpumps.com and I think drop shipped from the factory truck freight.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks for that info. I will look into.