Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Unboxed Liner Shelf Life

1. Back To Top    #1

Unboxed Liner Shelf Life

I am in the process of getting my 2.5 year old liner replaced by manufacturer. This is due to a uneven fade issue, not a physical problem. With that, I am leaning toward getting the replacement and putting in storage. This will be in our living space, in basement storage. So no temp extremes, approximately 60F-72F year round. How long can this be stored if left in sealed box?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Unboxed Liner Shelf Life

Sometimes the company will require you to send back a big enough piece of the liner being replaced to make sure it's not still able to be used. I can't advise you on the shelf Life, but I figured the heads up might help if you didn't know.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    24 ft Round Above Ground - 13500 gallons... Former Pool Frog user. Sand filter . Located just South of Atlanta

3. Back To Top    #3

Assuming they do not need anything back, anyone have an idea on the shelf life if in conditioned space indoors?

4. Back To Top    #4

For those interested, I got my liner last week. Nothing was required to return. All 200lbs of this liner are in storage in a spare bedroom closet. I asked GLI about shelf life. They indicated that in conditioned space, their findings are up to 5 years without impact. I may not go that far, but will at least get another 2-3 years out of my existing, slightly faded liner. In the end, GLI stood by their product and warranty.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

You might consider putting the liner in a lidded container. Maybe a garbage can if it will fit. I've read that rodents like to chew into stored liners.
    16' x 32' IG vinyl liner w/ hopper bottom (12,500 gal), Single-speed 1 HP Sta-Rite pump, and 300# Cristal-Flo sand filter, TF-100 test kit