Yellow Green / Brown Algae stains

I have an 18x36 saltwater pool...opened in May and added typical chemicals, salt, and shocked....What I didn't do was clean out the bottom of the pool for a few weeks....When I did get around to vacuuming the leaves and worms out after I finished I noticed most of the pool surface that didn't have leaves or worms had a brownish/yellow stain....In the days that followed my chlorine level dropped to zero several times and I rechlorinated with shock....After consulting my pool guy we came to the conclusion that it was some sort of Algae, so I have super chlorinated and used black mold algecide twice and still I can't get rid of the stains....I also have noticed a cobweb or thin hair substance in the skimmer after cleaning...I am looking for some adivice...I know I can add more algecide and continue to chlorinate at high levels, but I'm wondering if I need to try "Stain Free" or "Metal Free" to see what they will do...
Thanks,
JH

Thank you I will have to try the Vitamin C tablets...Also wondering after doing some additional research if there is a possible correlation between using granular shock in my salt water pool instead of using liquid shock....and possible staining in my vinyl liner...This is the first year I have used the granular.l

Ok great results using approximately 3 pounds of stain-free made by natural chemistry about an hour after adding the stain free I added a stain and scale product as well all the time while my Chlorine level was around 0. After about 8 hours the stains had disappeared and I started slowly bringing my chlorine level back up

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.