Maytronics Dolphin Diagnostics replacement motor?

Jun 23, 2014
CA
Split by moderator from HERE. Please start a new thread for your own questions. Thanks, jblizzle

Anybody know where to pickup the Gefeg brand motors for the Dolphin Diagnostic? I, too, had the desiccant bad rupture, although it didn't seem to short out the board since it's sillica(?). The impeller motor seems ok, although the rear bearing is making sounds and the rotor is pretty worn. I will try to oil it. haha The track motor was running, amazingly, since one brush had been chewed up and was ripped from the spring contact. The rotor is also very worm. The electronics seem fine. I might call Gefeg and see if I can get some new brushes - doubt it. Unfortunately, the rotor commutator contacts are really worn, in general. Check them out:

track motor.jpg

pump motor.jpg

Yea, that looks pretty worn out alright. I don't think new brushes will get you too far down the road.

Someone else posted recently about not being able to find Dolphin motor/motor parts. Good luck, and let us know if you have more success.

Yea, that looks pretty worn out alright. I don't think new brushes will get you too far down the road.

Someone else posted recently about not being able to find Dolphin motor/motor parts. Good luck, and let us know if you have more success.

Those parts are pretty much not available other than used on Ebay (in my experience/searching). Are any of the specs of the motor available (maybe imprinted on the housing)? I might consider trying a replacement motor in my robot from a generic DC motor supplier if I continue to come up dry with my searching.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.