Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Maytronics Dolphin Diagnostics replacement motor?

1. Back To Top    #1

Maytronics Dolphin Diagnostics replacement motor?

Split by moderator from HERE. Please start a new thread for your own questions. Thanks, jblizzle

Anybody know where to pickup the Gefeg brand motors for the Dolphin Diagnostic? I, too, had the desiccant bad rupture, although it didn't seem to short out the board since it's sillica(?). The impeller motor seems ok, although the rear bearing is making sounds and the rotor is pretty worn. I will try to oil it. haha The track motor was running, amazingly, since one brush had been chewed up and was ripped from the spring contact. The rotor is also very worm. The electronics seem fine. I might call Gefeg and see if I can get some new brushes - doubt it. Unfortunately, the rotor commutator contacts are really worn, in general. Check them out:

track motor.jpg

pump motor.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Maytronics Dolphin Diagnostics replacement motor?

Yea, that looks pretty worn out alright. I don't think new brushes will get you too far down the road.

Someone else posted recently about not being able to find Dolphin motor/motor parts. Good luck, and let us know if you have more success.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Maytronics Dolphin Diagnostics replacement motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup View Post
    Yea, that looks pretty worn out alright. I don't think new brushes will get you too far down the road.

Someone else posted recently about not being able to find Dolphin motor/motor parts. Good luck, and let us know if you have more success.
    Those parts are pretty much not available other than used on Ebay (in my experience/searching). Are any of the specs of the motor available (maybe imprinted on the housing)? I might consider trying a replacement motor in my robot from a generic DC motor supplier if I continue to come up dry with my searching.
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit