My pool is in trouble!

mom2kk

Jul 20, 2008
Hi anyone, I am new here...And a new pool owner! We put our above ground pool in in April, and have had smooth sailing ever since...All of the sudden our chlorine is off the charts high (think out chlorine injector pump is having trouble which we are looking into) and everything else is off the charts low, ph, alkalinity etc...What does this mean and how do we fix this? My daughter is in agony not being able to swim, me too really...Any help would be appreciated! Hot and dry in MAryland US!

Hi mom2kk, Welcome to TPF. To get the best answer to your problem, it will really help if you post a full set of your actual numbers. Then you can get an educated answer are not someone just guessing. Also post what kind of pool you have and how many gallons.

Welcome to TFP!!

I'll have to second 'poolidiot's' advice, there are some helpful links in my sig line (esp Pool School) that will be a great help to you!

Please do a little reading there and post back some hard #s and we will get you the help you need!! :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.