Newbie to this Site ...

Jun 17, 2014
Glassboro NJ
I am also new to this Site , I stumbled upon it when I was Googling a Pool Problem , and I have been Absorbing it for about a week now. Im not a New Pool owner (10 yrs ) now , but have been doing it the "Pool Store " way , spending 1000's of $$. This year has been especially brutal by no fault of my own , because I only Covered my Pool last Winter with Mesh net cover to catch leaves, and now Im paying for It. Many leaves got in around and underneath the cover , and My Hayward pump went last week , which set me back. With my new Hayward 1hp Super pump installed now , here is where I am at, I got all Debris out of shallow end, and Did a Initial Vac in the deep end today,(8ft). Water is no longer green but Milky White. This is when I would Normally do a Flock , or the Clear and Perfect to knock down all the Suspended Particles that the Pump cant filter. My Numbers today were..Total Chl. 3.0...Free Chl.=3.0 PH.=6.8 Alk=50 Calcium Hardness=85 Stabilizer =40. but I have been Vaccuming out to waste and constantly replacing the water also, which I may have to do 1 more time in the Deep end.... Thanks for any Advice.

Welcome to the forum.. First of all, raise your Ph to mid 7 range. I'd spend at least as much time AGAIN as you already have invested on getting as much junk out as possible before starting your SLAM that you can read about in pool school. Find a bleach sale!
We generally don't recommend any flock or other magic chemicals. Also , read up on the chlorine/cya chart in pool school and the ABC's of pool chemistry.

Ordered one of our recommended test kits yet? How are you testing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.