Solar Cover on during SLAM?

Jun 19, 2014
So I'm 2 days into the SLAM, I've had my solar cover on most of the time, only pulling it back to peek at the clarity. Does leaving the cover on have a negative effect?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It is much better to leave the solar cover off when SLAMing. The SLAM process is much more effective if the pool gets lots of UV, which is blocked by the cover. The pool also needs to breathe, technically allow things to outgas, which again the cover will prevent.

It is much better to leave the solar cover off when SLAMing. The SLAM process is much more effective if the pool gets lots of UV, which is blocked by the cover. The pool also needs to breathe, technically allow things to outgas, which again the cover will prevent.
What about leaving the cover on all the time when the pull isn't in use and I'm not SLAM'ing? Could this cause a slight cloudyness?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I usually leave the solar cover on at night to hold the heat in, but usually uncover it as much as I can during the day (unless it's going to be really windy because we get lots of leaves). I found that I was getting that pink bacteria/algae if I left the solar cover on too much.

I noticed a big difference from last year (my 1st year) to now with the use of the solar cover. Last year I left it on all the time unless we were swimming and we had cloudiness. This year I open it up in the morning and since our pool has been so warm ( upper 80's to low 90's recently there have been nights I do not cover it. The pool literally sparkles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.