A newbie with a question go figure

Partsjockey

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Ottawa,Ontario
Ok so I finally got my test kit (TF-100) plus the magnetic stirrer very cool little gadget. I certainly do recommend it. Anyways here are my results
PH-8.2 or more
Chlorine over 5
FC-.45
CC no
Calcium-200
TA-100
CYA-0
water is at 85 F
What should I tackle first ?????

Thanks in advance

Newbie question again SORRY

Ok so I tested my water again These are the results
Salt 3800
FC 0
PH about 7.8
Calcium 200
TA 80
CYA 0
The calculator suggests 14 lbs stabilizer and about a jug of bleach. Now how much of the stabilizer should I put in and should I put the pump on high for a couple of hours ?

I would add enough CYA to get to about 50ppm. Wait a week after it dissolves to retest and then add more to get up to the 70-80ppm.
Get about 2ppm of FC in the pool ASAP and tehn start raising it as the CYA dissolves based on the FC/CYA Chart.

Ok so my chlorine is gone up 1.5 my PH is gone down to about 7.6 and my cya is gone up a little bit 20 . So slowly buy surely its getting back on track . Now I find that when you open your eyes under water it's not very clear . Any thoughts ????

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do NOT raise CYA at this stage.
"my chlorine is gone up 1.5" - you last reported FC 0, so your FC is 1.5? At CYA 20, you are below minimum FC levels - this would be a reason why "when you open your eyes under water it's not very clear".
I'd suggest you raise FC immediately, then run an OCLT to rule out organics before raising your CYA.

CYA doesn't make it unclear to see under water in and of its own self, you need to maintain the FC/CYA ratio to prevent algae; algae will make the water unclear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.