Light Cord Sealing

May 21, 2009
Hi

I replaced my light fixture and cord and want to seal up the cord light conduit at the hole in the niche. I bought some JB Weld WaterWeld epoxy putty (Home Depot). (I still have water in the pool).
I kneaded it up and then proceeded to push it into the conduit hole...... IT WON'T STICK .....My niche (in ground plaster pool) is some kind of metal.
What is the best brand that will stick good when applying it under water?

thanks

There is a product called cord stopper which is a rubber plug with 2 holes in it (one for the light cord and a second for the ground wire), this plug fits into the hole of your niche to prevent water going back into the light conduit.

You can see this product here http://www.gandptools.com/Catalog.html

Not sure if it is absolutely necessary, however I did replace my light fixture a few weeks ago and we had to dig up some of the conduit and it would have been nice to have these in place as the water leaking back into the pipe made it a bear to repair the conduit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.