Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquarite readings

1. Back To Top    #1

Atlanta Ga.

Aquarite readings

Had an issue with my Hayward Aquarite readings going out. Replaced oem Hayward t15 cell and registered it. Worked for a couple of days, leds went out. Replaced the Digi-Key Part Number 570-1062-ND, worked great for a few days, now the readings are
    Clor 3.7
    temp 30 (I know it's 86 degrees in pool)
    24.9 volts
    7.5 currant
    99 output ( set all the way up)
    -3.7 salt
    rl 1.4
    Pool is clear and shows generating 2 leds lit and also switches to super chlorinate 3 leds lit. Inground 35,000 vinyl pool Aquarite is 5 years old, new t-cell (oem) this month.
    Quantab between 6.2 and 6.4. Faulty T-cell? Bad Board? Set up wrong? Thanks for the help. Joe

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Aquarite readings

30 degrees C = 86 degrees F

I think your settings got changed.

Likely the salt setting is also changed to not actually be ppm.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The first number is the average salt level, in grams per liter, not chlorine. Your unit is set to metric. To switch back, scroll to temperature, then switch from "auto" to "superchlorinate" and back to auto.

I don't understand your reference to "quantab"?

Your numbers look ok. The current (amps) is a little high, but otherwise, the rest seems fine.

Do you have a heater?

The high amps might be due to either the salt level or the water temperature being higher than the unit is reporting. I would suggest testing each independently.

4. Back To Top    #4

Atlanta Ga.

Thanks, settings got changed to Celsius somehow. Changed it back, all is good now. Quantab strips are the salt test strips I bought at Walmart. Thanks again. Joe