Broken impeller housing - pump replacement?

A

amberjack

I have a 20,000 gallon inground gunite pool. North Florida. We moved into the house 5 years ago. My pump (impeller) housing just cracked and was spraying water. It currently has a 1.5 HP Marathon motor. Im not sure what kind of impeller is on there now. I do not see a name on it. should I replace the whole pump including the motor. If so what should I be looking at. Size, type, brand, ect. There has to be a sweet spot between price and efficiency. What type of motor/ pump gives the best bang for the buck.

A sweet spot would be a 1HP 2-speed motor. The 2-speed will save a good bit of money on electricity by running on low most of the time and only on high when needed (backwash, vacuum, etc). This assumes that you have 230V available at the motor as almost all 2-speed motors are 230V.

BUT, you have not given us any hint about your pool water flow needs. Spa? Water features? Solar? etc.

Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.