Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, Texas

Forgot to ask. What does everyone have and do you like it? if you chose plaster, what kind? If you chose Pebbletec or something like it, why?

I want a medium blue pool - not too light and definitely not dark. I am scared I will choose the wrong color....and of course one of the things I was told was that salt eats plaster....

2. Back To Top    #2

Gonzales, La

Re: Plaster

Diamond Brite Bahama Breeze is the color and this is 9 bags of Tahoe Blue and one bag of Black Onyx to get the color.

15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Salt does not eat plaster.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

This is what I used. If you go to page 8 of my thread (new build in South Texas) you can see the plaster color applied

Radiant Fusion Series with Pebble Radiance™, is a blend of Micro Mini Pebble, enhanced with the radiant brilliance of iridescent, multi - hued, gem-like glass crystals and Abalone Shell. Radiant Fusion creates vibrant water hues while the ultra-smooth finish completes the look and feel of this new, modern pool finish!

• Natural tumbled stone, smoothed and sized to perfection.
    • Colors are highest quality to eliminate fading.
    • Adds brilliant light and color to the finish.
    • Pozzolan modifiers increase strength and durability.
    • Peace of mind provided by comprehensive warranty.

5. Back To Top    #5

Sacramento, CA

There are a whole spectrum of "plaster" choices today.

Generally the pebble finishes last longer than the plaster finishes.

Ask your builder what type of enhanced finishes they offer. Many builders are distributors for a specific enhanced finish and are the exclusive distributor for that finish, so if you want a certain finish you may be limited to certain PBs in your area.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

6. Back To Top    #6

Ha! Salt does not eat plaster!

I have regular pool plaster in a medium gray (french gray they called it). The water is a very lovely shade of blue. I was also worried about too dark a finish and the water getting too hot, have not had that problem with this shade. It is nice and smooth but not slick, traction is very good. I can't see any discernible wear in 3 years. I'm expecting 12-15 years at least though I had a friend who's plaster lasted 20. Your water balance plays an important role in that.

50' x 22' 27k gal shotcrete freeform, 2hp 2 sp Pentair Whisperflo, Pool Pilot RC-52 SWCG, Pentair TR 100 sand filter, Polaris 280, 2 Pentair Intellibrite LED lights with controller, french gray plaster, Butterfield U-20 "smoke"integral colored salt finish concrete cantilever deck on one side, flagstone coping on the other.

My pool build: