installing SWG with VS pump

teares

Jun 18, 2014
Tehachapi CA
I have new pool with a Nexa Pure SWG and an Intelliflo VS pump. The Nexa Pure is designed to sense that the pump running when it senses the load to the pump through a timer or relay. Since the VS pump is always connected, the Nexa Pure does not know to shut down with the pump is off. When the pump is shut down, the Nexa Pure indicates the lack of flow and is probably not running. I would feel better if the the SWG would go into standby like it is supposed to. This is probably another case of sticking with the same manufacturer for all components. My components came in a kit. Any ideas? Thanks.

20,000 inground with spa, Intelliflo pump, Nexa Pure SWG, Hayward OnCommand not yet hooked up (probably going to switch to a Pentair controller)

The Nexa Pure is designed to sense that the pump running when it senses the load to the pump through a timer or relay.
Since the VS pump is always connected, the Nexa Pure does not know to shut down with the pump is off. When the pump is shut down, the Nexa Pure indicates the lack of flow and is probably not running. I would feel better if the the SWG would go into standby like it is supposed to.
So is your Nexa Pure sensing pump load?

This is probably another case of sticking with the same manufacturer for all components.
It's not necessarily true. I have Pentair VS + Intellichlor IC40 and facing the same problems: how to sense actual pump load instead of just flow sensing. However, flow sensing is OK.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.