ideal setting for swg w dual speed pump?

abfab

Gold Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Is there a guideline to determine what setting I should have my swg at if running my pump on low vs high, or is it just trial and error?
I have a 1hp Hayward super pump with an Aquarite t-15 cell. 12000 gallon vinyl pool. No timer, just a high/low switch.
Now that I've discovered what dual speed is (fairly new pool owner), I'd like to run it on low and switch to high only for vacuuming. Last year i had it running on regularly on high with a setting of 15 and had no issues with chlorine or salt levels.

The % setting on the SWG is the amount of time that it is generating while the power is on and the pump is running.

So, if you are running your pump 24/7, I assume the power to the SWG is also on 24/7.
Given I run mine at 50% for 8 hours a day ... if it is on all day, I would think you may need to have the % set around 10%.
Of course this is VERY dependent on your CYA level and sun exposure and debris level.

Honestly, I would highly recommend getting a timer and drastically reducing the run time. You can save 100% of the power when the pump is off :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.