Intex Pool - Metal Frame or Easy Up

I had 2 Easy sets and one metal frame one. I would never go back to an easy set. The metal frame one is so much better, easier to clean, etc. For under $500 you can buy a 16' Ultra with a sand pump..........perfect!
I hated cleaning the Easy set and taking it down for the winter (too cold here in Manitoba to leave it up) The metal frame one is a cinch compared to the other.

I've had an Easy Up, 2 small regular tubular metal frames, and now an Ultra frame. No contests, the metal pole frame is much better than the Easy Ups, but the Ultra Frame is miles better than regular metal pole frame.

The 2nd metal pole frame lasted 2 years (first one eaten by a yellow Lab, LOL. Nothing can last with a 1 year old yellow Lab.) The 3rd year my brother-in-law had it and it developed many leaks. This is the 3rd season on the 22 foot 54 inch deep Ultra Frame, $700 at Walmart. I winterize it for northwestern PA winters just like any above ground pool. Very sturdy and the liner is significantly thicker than the metal pole frame pools.

I had the Intex SWG for the first 2 years and it was great. I shorted it out at the end of last year and haven't replaced it yet so I'm using 12.5% bleach (Austins Pool Shock, local company and dirt cheap at $3.29 for a 1 gallon bottle.) I followed the suggestions of the forum and can practically read the date of a quarter on the bottom of the pool both previously with the SWG and now with using the 12.5% bleach or just regular 5.25% bleach when the local store is out.

Just got out of it 10 minutes ago before grabbing the tablet to surf a bit while the kids finished swimming.

Thanks for all your replies.

You all said what I wanted to hear :)

We only have a small garden, just shy of 13' and we need access so have to have a path. Last year I bought a 2nd hand 8' Intex Easy Up. We loved it and it got masses of use last summer. I've been planning a 10ft Easy Up since. We got it just under a month ago, put it up. Love it and all the extra space. Then I realised we'd get a fraction more 'water area' with a metal frame pool. No idea why i didn't even consider the metal frame over the easy up. I spent months online watching prices and deals and measuring and remeasuring the space in the garden. Not once did a metal frame enter my thoughts or decision making.

Yesterday I ordered the metal frame 10'. The sooner we get it up, the sooner we get more use, the sooner I can sell the easy up - preferably whilst it's sunny. I sold last year's 8' this weekend for £5 less than we paid for it :cool:

I had a slight panic after I'd placed the order yesterday, but you've all made me feel secure in my decision. It'll hopefully arrive tomorrow & I'll start draining the easy up.

Thanks Again :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.