Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to Forum not to pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New to Forum not to pool

We have had our 24ft round AG Pool for ~7 years now never had any real trouble with water quality or clarity before now. Winter cover developed a hole sometime during witer months that went undetected until removal.

Water has been white milky/cloudy since I opened it June 1.
    Current readings:
    FC 0
    CC 0
    pH 7.4
    TA 60
    CYA 45

Have been trying to slam it for the past week and have seen little to no improvement - I have added over 20 gallons of 8% bleach and have kept 3" slow dissolve pucks in my strainer.

What am I doing wrong?
    13,500 gallons
    24 foot round
    Cannister Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: New to Forum not to pool

Welcome to TFP

What test kit are you using?

I suggest you go ahead now and add about 20 FC bleach/liquid chlorine. Wait about 30 minutes, pump running, and retest FC and CC. Post #'s here in this thead for us.

Are you following the SLAM process from Pool School to a T? What FC SLAM level have you been using?

Can you post a pic of the pool?

What is CH level?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: New to Forum not to pool

I would wonder if there isn't a lot of organic debris hiding beneath the cloudy water. Have you tried dragging the bottom with a leaf rake? Vacuumed blind?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!