Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Pool Skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Pool Skimmer

Hi All,

I have an Intex Ultra Frame Pool 18x48 that I purchased new last year. I am wondering if hayward or anyone else makes a standard above ground skimmer that fits one of these pools without me having to cut new holes in the pool. The existing hole is very low so I wasnt' sure if this was possible without modification.

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Pool Skimmer

Intex makes a skimmer that hangs over the side. We installed a Hayward thru wall skimmer because it doesn't protrude into the pool.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

3. Back To Top    #3

http://youtu.be/cPS7hL4pd-M is your best bet. I have one and it works very well.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks!

5. Back To Top    #5

Main complaint most have of this skimmer is it is inside the pool taking up swimming space compared to a thru wall skimmer. I just placed ours next to the ladder to minimize the lost space!

Works fairly well once the darn cotton wood trees are done shedding!
    Intex Ultra Frame 20' x 52"
    Hayward Pro 1hp Power-Flo LX/ 18" Sand Filter
    12-4'x8'x1" Polystyrene Sheets

6. Back To Top    #6

+1 on the cottonwoods. I could have knit a sweater with what I've cleaned out of the skimmer and filter this year.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by crek31 View Post
    +1 on the cottonwoods. I could have knit a sweater with what I've cleaned out of the skimmer and filter this year.
    It would be one thing if they were "MY" trees, but the garbage is from the house thats behind the house across the street from us!!!!
    Intex Ultra Frame 20' x 52"
    Hayward Pro 1hp Power-Flo LX/ 18" Sand Filter
    12-4'x8'x1" Polystyrene Sheets