Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What to do with the towels??

1. Back To Top    #1

What to do with the towels??

Now that the pool is in I find I have no good solution for all the wet towels. I hate having them hanging all over my chairs. Does anyone have a good solution for this? I have looked at some outdoor towel racks online but they don't seem very sturdy. Any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Munster, IN

Re: What to do with the towels??

When we had a chain link fence around our pool, I bought some nice shower curtain hooks (s-shaped) hung those on the fence and then hung the towels on them to dry. Was a great way to keep them off the chairs. But I don't have the chain link fence anymore, so I need to come up with something new also.
    16 x 34 inground vinyl pool
    Hayward 1 hp super pump
    200s Hayward Sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Cochranville, PA

I use something similar to this. Mine is close to the ladder so the kids grab a towel inside and hang it as they enter the pool. When they are done drying off they hang it back there. Later on after they are dry the pool fairy(me) folds them and puts them back in the house.
    1) The size of your pool in gallons 4440.
    2) The type filter you have is an Intex 2500 gph and it has a re-useable fabric filter
    3) If your pool is an AG (above ground)
    4) Intex 15 by 48 metal frame.
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump 2500gph and the size (flow rate) of your filter.
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Columbia SC

Ooh ooh ooh what better reason to play with PVC. It is after all tinker toys for grown ups. See this thread.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

The Great State of Texas

I put some hooks on the house (brick) and we hang them there. Looks a little tacky, but I put them in an area where no one sees except on neighbor. Last year I did every towel every single time it got used. That was for the birds!
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster
    25 year old pool w a facelift in 2014

6. Back To Top    #6
    SW PA

We have ours draped on the ladder for now since we don't have a deck but for drying, I hang them on the rail of the front porch. It's not the worst thing I've had hanging on the front porch. Come September 1st, ALL my camo is hanging on the front porch for everyone to see, until mid December.

Hey... It's my porch!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Make a clothes line! Just string out a piece of rope or cord between two sturdy objects, you can hang a lot of towels if it's long enough. Done!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

8. Back To Top    #8
    SW Louisiana

Wet towels are always an issue, I finally broke down and bought a cheap used dryer to install in the equipment room next to the pool pump a few weeks ago, now I just need to get it wired up.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

9. Back To Top    #9
    Long Island

A friend texted me this pic. Could be a fun easy project.
    25k IG vinyl SWG Haywood 4830de 1.5hp TF-100

10. Back To Top    #10
    Houston, Texas

I used a deck block, a 4x4x6' post, and attached 2 double hooks on each side. I have the deck block in a large planter and covered the block with river rock. It has never blown over and takes up very little space.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!