Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck jet help

1. Back To Top    #1

Deck jet help

Good morning all, here is a pic of one of 4 deck jets around my pool. Is it normal for the caps to be cemented into place? I would like to remove them for easier access to jet heads so I can aim them. Also I would like to be able to spin the caps left and right for aiming. Any thoughts on this. I am willing to break the caps and replace if that's my only option. Thank you.

23k gal, IG, vinyl, Pentair sand filter, 1 hp single speed pump, pool pilot digital swg, Hayward sharkvac. Built May 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deck jet help

I have the same deck jets. I can remove the caps, adjust the heads, etc. In the winter I remove the heads and plug them just like any other jet. Mine are not flush with concrete, we had ours put in stone on one side of our pool where nobody walks. Hope this helps.

3. Back To Top    #3

I think the pool builder messed up and cemented them in. He is going to give me 4 extra caps he has laying around. I'm just going to have to break the caps and remove them. Thanks.
    23k gal, IG, vinyl, Pentair sand filter, 1 hp single speed pump, pool pilot digital swg, Hayward sharkvac. Built May 2013

4. Back To Top    #4

Man that finish really does not look good. The cover should just pop off. What do the others look like?

Look:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgsgzIA2kc8

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/590043AOM.pdf
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall