Adding CYA at start up

Jun 20, 2014
San Jacinto
Hello. We just got our pool set up and in reading through pool school I missed that the cya is supposed to be added by dissolving in a sock. Long story short we just poured it in all along the edge. Should I be vacuuming it back up and starting again or will it pretty much dissolve by morning?

Intex 12x30, 1475 gallon, San Jacinto, California.

Thank you! My filter is not attached to my vacuum. I have just one of the ones that hooks to my water hose. I'll go ahead and vacuum it up and then should I just empty it out into the filter? It said in the instructions to put it into the skimmer and that's how we ended up just pouring it in, because we don't have a skimmer either.

One last question: how often do I add cya? Just each time we add new water?

No.

CYA, like Calcium, doesn't evaporate. The water goes away, the CYA stays. So the only way it will drop noticeably is through draining and refilling or splashout. Once you get the level set, you only need to check it once a month or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.