Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First readings new easyset

1. Back To Top    #1

First readings new easyset

Hello all,
    12x30 Easyset filled today with city water. Tested TC and PH and tried the TA test (I didn't add enough agent).
    TC was 0, the water was clear
    PH was 7.5

I tried the TA test but got to 12 drops (was dark pink) and stopped. Didn't read here first so I'll have to retest this one.

Intex website shows the pool to have 1485 gallons?

Thank you in advance
    AG EasySet 12x30 1438? gal
    Standard equipment A type filter
    Pool build 6/22/2014?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First readings new easyset

If you have a chance, add 2 ppm of chlorine this evening, and each evening until 24 hours after you start adding CYA.

Your PH is fine.

You need to add CYA. I would raise CYA into the 30 to 50 range.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't worry about TA. You need to get some bleach in the pool asap. Pour in a cup of regular household bleach (no fragrance, no "splash less", just original bleach). Then read the article on Temporary Pools in Pool School: http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...emporary-pools

Post back with questions after you've read that Pool School article. But get some bleach in it for now, and for now you could likely put in 1/2 cup in the morning and 1/2 cup in the evening to limp through until you have had time to read up on it. I'm short on time right now, but there is tons of info on this site for pool care for one like yours. Happy Swimming!
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

4. Back To Top    #4

Added ~12 oz of liquid bleach slowly this morning with the pump running. Ordered CYA on Amazon, will be here in two days. I'll add 19 oz of liquid stabilizer when it arrives. I'll test chlorine daily starting tonight when the sun drops. This pool is only in the sun from say morning till about 1pm then shade rest of the day. Anything else I'm missing? According to the pool calc I'm using say 1400 gal, can someone double check my notes and verify I'm using that calculator correctly? Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Two last questions.
    1. How soon can the family start swimming? Do I have to wait till the CYA arrives and the chlorine level is up? It was at zero chlorine last night.
    2. When adding chlorine is it ok to add with the solar cover on? I pulled it back and poured the bleach in slowly while the pump was running then closed the cover.
    Pool build 6/22/2014?

5. Back To Top    #5

How soon till ready for swimmers?

12x30 easyset filled yesterday. 12oz of bleach added this morning with the pump running.

The readings off the T1000 were as followsT
    The chlorine was at zero, water was clear.
    The PH was 7.5

I've ordered liquid CYA from Amazon that will be here in two days.

Do I have to wait till the chlorine reaches the correct level before we can jump in? I figured it's like a big kiddie pool, and you just fill and jump in... no?
    Pool build 6/22/2014?

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: How soon till ready for swimmers?

You should add 2ppm of FC and swim.
    Why not just buy solid CYA locally? It would have been dissolved by the time your liquid shows up.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

It should only take about 30 minutes for teh chlorine to register. on the test If it still reads 0, you need to bring it up to 2 ppm.
    Also make sure your PH is in range and then jump in!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

1400gal is the correct ballpark for that size pool, it depends on your actual water level.

Test and dose 2-3ppm chlorine nightly.

1) You can swim once it's filled, it's the same water you shower / take a bath in. However, you must add bleach to ensure it remains sanitary.
    2) I'm not sure. Someone else will answer this question.

9. Back To Top    #9

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

Please keep related questions to the same thread - you have another thread in which you asked a similar question.

10. Back To Top    #10

I add bleach with the solar cover on. Enjoy your pool! Nothing like it with little kids!
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

11. Back To Top    #11

I merged your 2 threads that were basically the same. Please do not ask similar questions in multiple places. Thanks, jblizzle
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!