Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It's Mine!

1. Back To Top    #1

Lake Geneva, WI

Cool It's Mine!

Just closed on our new house with the pool last week. Not moved in yet, but are out there about every other day to test. Previous owners emptied, cleaned and filled it for us. Their PB put tabs in the in-line chlorinator which I left to bring the CYA up with the new water. So glad I found this board and can start with crystal clear water! It's making the maintenance SO much easier!

FC 7
    CC 0
    ph 7.5
    CH (Measured it and wrote it down, but don't have the number in front of me. It's vinyl though and wasn't too high or low.)
    TA 320
    CYA 35-ish (Still working on "getting" this one. Dot is pretty obscured a little after 40, but gone by 30)

The pool is pretty shaded, and I've been super lucky that the FC has pretty much stayed put over the last week.

28,000 Gallon 18'x36' Vinyl IG, Pentair Sta-Rite 1HP Pump, Pentair Sta-Rite 450 sq. ft. Cartridge Filter, Old-School-Looking Polaris Vacuum with Booster Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pittsburgh, PA

Re: It's Mine!

24' x 54" Oceanic Round AGP, 1090 Hayward Skimmer, EC-40 Filter system, Automatic Chlorinator. Pool will be in Full sun for most of the day (9am-6pm).

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

You are already ahead of the game
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Beautiful! And congratulations -- I hope you enjoy your pool as much as we've enjoyed ours. It helps a lot to start with TFP's base of knowledge -- you'll probably never see a green swamp
    10,500 gal inground pool with vinyl liner. sand filter, TF100 test kit.