How much FC loss with pool covered?

easttn

Jun 22, 2013
East TN
Going on vacation and decided to just cover pool. I have a timer on pump to run a little everyday with it covered. As it is now without a cover, FC=6, CYA=50, in full sun I loose 2 to 3ppm which would be about 50% loss in a day. Anyone know about what I would loose in FC with it covered with the black tarp like cover?

I have no idea what to expect but I would guess 1ppm loss in a day. Water temp now is about 90 degrees and Im sure it will get warmer with the cover while Im gone. I have means to add some chlorine every day to keep it steady, but need to know about how much to make plans. There will be no one in the pool so it wouldnt matter if it goes up to shock level, just as long as it dont go down.

I have an opaque cover and if I don't open it then I lose around 0.7 ppm FC per day, but that is with the pool temperature at 88ºF. The chlorine loss will be a function of temperature and will also depend on the type of cover since some of the loss is from oxidation of the cover. This also assumes there is little or no debris in the pool and that the filter is clean. This is also with the FC at roughly 10% of the CYA level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.